We want to share with you that your clients who currently receive the Advanced Premium Tax Credit (APTC) are in jeopardy of losing it IF they do not act by the end of August 2015 to remedy their risk. The IRS has determined that 57% of all who are receiving the APTC have either NOT filed their taxes OR NOT filed the right tax form.
What is Molina doing to help our members who fall into this category?
- We are including the below notice as an insert with their September 2015 Monthly Invoice (Sent in early August.)
- What can you do to help your clients who fall into this category?
- Reach out to them and reiterate the urgency for them to provide the IRS the information needed in order for them to maintain their APTC
Internal Revenue Service (IRS) action required to protect your Advanced Premium Tax Credit (APTC)
- If you filed your 2014 tax return and submitted Form 8962 with your tax return, no additional action is required.
- If you did not submit Form 8962 with your 2014 tax return, additional action is required.
- If you received Form 1095-A from the Marketplace, it will contain the information you need to complete Form 8962.
- Go to http://www.irs.gov/Affordable-
Care-Act to download the form or call the IRS at 1.800.829.0922 for more information on submitting Form 8962.
Thank you for your partnership!
Molina Marketplace Broker Support Unit