The Covered California sales seminar for 2015 open enrollment held on December 3rd covered numerous topics. While new sales collateral, store front signage and immigration updates were covered, the bulk of the webinar was devoted to tips, tricks and more work-a-round solutions for enrollment system glitches. The last part of the seminar was a 16 minute video that highlighted known issues with the CalHEERS program and the alternate methods to navigate around the software walls. The most interesting fix was how to correct polygamous household members.
Topics of the sales update included
- Weekly e-Newsletter and Agent Alerts
- Medi-Cal commissions are being mailed out
- Expanded call center support
- New store front approved signage
- New fact sheet on immigration requirements
- Press conference with physicians explaining provider networks
- Tips for entering income
- CEC/PBE account creation tips
- Password complexity rules
- What a multi-state plan is and how they work
These updates and more are displayed in the screen shot slider below of the seminar.
Multi-state plans arent portable or offer coverage in other states. Specific to their plan design is that they dont cover non-excepted abortions. This means they wont cover elective abortions. They will only provide coverage for abortions in the case of rape or incest.
Slides of Covered California sales webinar 5
CalHEERS tips and tricks video
The topics covered in the video included pertain to the functionality of the enrollment system for Certified Enrollment Counselors and Certified Insurance Agents. They noted that many of the known issues addressed in the video may actually be corrected in the near future and the work-a-round solutions presented may not be necessary. The slides in the above presentation discuss how to solve either the system or user errors encountered.
- User account is automatically locked after multiple attempts
- Consumer not receiving CEC unavailable notice
- Issues with account names that include apostrophes
- County Medi-Cal SAWS program deleting addresses
- Primary applicant and first member must have same last name
- Plan selection error code
- New household dependent not displaying in household summary
- New income record is not being shown in summary
- No Modify link to Manage Delegates or Authorized Representatives
- Unable to Report a Change after renewal
- Polygamous household correction when one person is designated as husband or wife more than once.
- Incorrect health plan effective dates by person
- Children allowed to enroll in separate health plans
- Address confirmation is not being saved
They are supposed to post the webinar recording and video at this page http://hbex.coveredca.com/agents/webinars/ . But as of this webinar, they hadnt posted any new webinars since the November 5th seminar.